Gerry Berkheimer, USPTA Director of Tennis at Vero Fitness
- 24 years as Tennis Director at the Vero Fitness.
- 29 years as Tennis Director at clubs and resorts in Florida, Texas, and Michigan.
- 7 seasons as Head Pro at indoor facilities in Indiana and Kentucky.
- 18 summers as Tennis Director at summer junior camps in Maine and New York.
- 5 years coaching Division 1 tennis at the University of Kentucky.
- Worked with over 15 top 300 players in the world across 35 years and 1 top 30 player-Susan Sloane.
- USPTA ranking-#1-Elite Pro for 31 years.
- Speaker at the USPTA convention 2003.
- USTA clinician with Nick Bolletieri, Vic Braden, and Dennis Van de Meer.
- Over 28,000 kids and 13,000 adults trained in 42 years.
- 55 years as a player.
- #1-Tennessee High School in Bristol, Tennessee-1969-1973
- #1-Carson-Newman College-JeffersonCity, Tennessee-1973-1977
- Collegiate All-American in singles and doubles.
- 1 & ½ years on the Satellite Pro Circuit.
- #2-Florida 25’s singles-1986.
- National Finalist 35’s singles in St. Louis-1990
- #1 Open Division singles in Kentucky-1990 & 1991
- Won the 1st King of the Hill Open Division tournament at Timber Ridge in 1996.
- Won USPTA Doubles at Sawgrass-2002, Ibis-2003, and Ormond Beach-2003
- Ranked #1 in Florida 45’s in 2002.
- Played local Vero Beach Tennis Club Exhibitions from 1992-2014.
- Won 339 playing trophies and awards.
- Owner of Berkheimer’s Tennis Services from 1987-2005-Managing, Consulting, and Pro Placement.
- Have run over 250 tournaments including one for $5,000 and one for $8,000.
- National T.V. debut with Vic Braden and 3 ½ year old tennis prodigy in Dearborn, Michigan, in 1981.
- Wrote 19 National and Sectional tennis articles.
- Ran 9 12-hour Tennis Marathons and 2-24 hour Tennis Marathons for Charity…..and, yes, I was in them both the entire time……:)
- Hold Triple Doctorate in Tennis-Managing, Teaching, and Playing.
- Instructed inmates at a medium security prison in Lexington, Kentucky-1990
- Taught a blind music studio owner to hit tennis strokes in Lexington, Kentucky-1991
- A 30.2 gallon blood donor.
- Started a Crisis Center my junior year in high school and worked it through college. 1972-1977.
- 3 years with Foster Care in Lexington, Kentucky. 1989-1991. Had one F.C. child for a year.
- 18 years with Youth Guidance mentoring kids in Vero Beach, Florida. 1997-2015